MVA Projects and Activities - Past
'Money Matters' Information & Guidance sessions for parents and carers - funded by the Santander Foundation, MVA have worked in partnership with Domeg and Robert Napier School to deliver a series of support sessions to help local parents and carers.
In 2016, MVA:
- Met with over 60 small local organisations to provide support on a range of issues; from social enterprise start-up, securing funding to enable continued service delivery and providing Trustee and Governance support.
- Supported activities aimed at pro-actively preventing Child Sexual Exploitation in Medway.
- Secured funding to provide support for parents in one of the most deprived areas in Medway.
- Shared best practice, advice, news and support that continues to be digitally accessed by over 4,000 users each quarter.
- Organised events, attended by representatives across the sector, on specialist subjects such as Lottery Heritage, Social Enterprise, Role of Trustees and Commissioning.
In 2015, MVA:
- Shared best practice, advice and support that have been digitally accessed by over 4,000 users each quarter.
- Established a VCS Leaders group that will give the sector a ‘voice’ strategically across Medway.
- Directly supported over 100 organisations on a range of issues; from incorporation and governance to business planning and fundraising.
- Organised events, attended by representatives across the sector, on specialist subjects such as Safeguarding, Social Isolation and Community Empowerment.