Copperhouse Adventure Training
Impacts for Medway Residents
• Provides affordable expedition experiences to the Duke of Edinburgh's Award (DofE) participants
• Over 3,500 young people in Medway are registered foe the Duke of Edinburgh's Award.
• Increasing young people's physical fitness and their own sense of emotional and mental well-being.
How Medway Voluntary Action supported this organisation
Medway Voluntary Action (MVA) provided support and advice on the structures available to them and their implications for governance and funding. They signposted to resources, charity commission registration forms and guidance, model constitutions and online resources for developing a community organisation.
Once deciding to register as CIO, the organisation forwarded a proposal, a draft registration form and a draft constitution which MVA reviewed for them. Advice was given on:
• Charitable objectives,
• Policy development (particularly safeguarding),
• Outcomes measurement,
• Developing applications for funding, &
• Trustee indemnity insurance and sourcing DBS checks.
The organisation successfully registered as a CIO in March 2016