Awareness into Sexual Harmful Practices Against Women – A Vital Seminar from HACO, April 201925-Mar-2019
Local charity Health Action Charity Organisation (HACO) is hosting a seminar to make community aware of female genital mutilation (FGM).
Health Action Charity Organisation (HACO) is working to protect African girls and young women in Medway from the dangers of FGM through education and leadership training.
This seminar is an effort to make the community aware of female genital “cutting” (also wrongly called female circumcision) and to promote its eradication.
It aims to develop and strengthen a partnership between the community and voluntary groups and statutory agencies’ approach to tackle FGM.
Objectives for the seminar include:
- To empower communities to challenge/reject FGM
- To raise awareness of “safeguarding” matters around the girl child
- To increase skills and capacity within communities to influence positive change to end FGM
- To strengthen the voice of women and communities to speak out against FGM (training of FGM community Champions)
- To improve coordination of activities amongst the partnership of voluntary, community groups and statutory agencies working on FGM
Participants will get an opportunity to better understand issues around FGM, how to overcome challenges to tackling FGM and where to receive support for those at risk of or affected.
Their seminar is being held at 129 Trafalgar Street, Gillingham, Kent. ME7 4AR on the 27th of April 2019 from 12pm - 4pm.