Better Together Consortium21-May-2019
The VCS Better Together Consortium Leadership Board was formed as part of Medway Council’s commissioning of five contracts for the period 2019-2021.
One of the contract lots was the ‘Infrastructure Support Services for VCS Organisations’ that Medway Voluntary Action (MVA) were delighted to have successfully retained. The four other successful contract leads were:
- Carers First (Carers Information, Guidance and Support, Young Carers and Carers Support Payments),
- Citizens Advice Medway (Welfare, Debt and Advice Support Services including Local Welfare Provision)
- Healthwatch Medway (Healthwatch)
- Kent Association for the Blind (Visually Impaired Support and Information)
MVA, along with the four other successful contract leads, have committed as part of their awarded contract to form a consortium that also includes Wellbeing Navigators and Social Prescribing. The consortium has the following Vision Statement:
We are committed to working together in new and innovative ways to improve the health and well-being of people living in Medway. We will achieve that by:
- Ensuring all people of Medway are supported and listened to
- Providing helpful information and advice, at the right time and place
- Working with connecting services and support networks within Medway
- Ensuring the vulnerable and hard to reach in Medway can access services and support
To help increase public and professional awareness about the VCS Better Together Consortium, a short film has been created and this can be viewed by visiting:
MVA are pleased to be part of the VCS Better Together Consortium and will share with the wider voluntary and community sector any relevant information and updates that arise from this consortium.
MVA will also continue to provide secretariat support to the VCS Leaders Network, and provide regular updates to the Steering Group, which continues to provide leaders of Medway's charity and voluntary sector organisations - large and small - with a stronger voice.
The VCS Leaders Network provides members with their own platform for debate, sharing of good practice, collaborative working, effective networking and peer support – to find out more click here.