***Emergency Assistance Grants Still Available For Local Residents***30-Nov-2020
Local organisation Citizens Advice Medway are currently responding to enquiries and requests from residents in financial crisis caused by the Coronavirus pandemic who are struggling to afford food and other essential items.
Citizens Advice Medway (CAM) has been awarded a payment through the UK Government’s Emergency Assistance Grant, and is now able to offer assistance to people who qualify, by providing them with food and other essential items during the pandemic.
The Emergency Assistance Grant applies to:
- Low income individuals/families struggling to afford food and other essential items due to crisis
- People fleeing domestic violence
- People leaving institutional or residential care (prison leavers)
- People returning from hospital or nursing care
- Homeless people or people moving from temporary accommodation
- Applicants with no recourse to public funds, regardless of immigration status, if there is genuine need for example a serious health problem or a risk to a child’s wellbeing
CAM has been asked to manage the grant on behalf of The Local Authorities as part of their existing arrangement through the Local Welfare Provision service, allowing them to provide an independent and impartial information service, as well as advice and guidance on a range of issues such as housing and benefits; which in turn is designed to support people to solve their welfare issues.
This service also provides independent and impartial information, advice and guidance on a range of issues, such as housing, debt and benefits. The service aims to prevent welfare concerns developing into more serious issues for the council and health services.
Accessing This Support Couldn't Be Easier
Accessing support can be done by phoning 01634 383760, emailing: LWP@medwayadvice.org.uk or visiting the Citizens Advice Medway website.
Click here to view information on the eligibility criteria for the programme.
If you are a VCS organisation you can refer or ‘apply on behalf of’ your service users. Click here to apply online or you can call on 01634 383 760
Click here to view a range of financial advice available for residents on Medway Council’s website.
To read the full article on the Council’s website Click here.