Helping Young People Improve Spaces - #iWill Fund from Co-Op Foundation30-Aug-2019
Co-Op Foundation are currently taking applications to support the aim of the #iwill campaign, making social action part of life for young people to improve the design and use of community space.
The #iwill Fund is open to organisations who engage young people in social action projects designed to bring benefit to the wider community, with the intention on developing new opportunities rather than providing support for existing youth services.
The Co-Op Foundation is offering grants of up to £35,000 to help young people advocate to improve community spaces.
Offering match-funding for any proposed projects, Co-Op Foundation would be especially interested in applications which show:
- Increased participation from young people (aged 10-20 years) from less affluent areas, hard to reach and under-represented groups.
- Intention to work with young people at the lower end of the age profile (10-14 years).
- The encouragement of young people to develop a long-term interest in social action.
- The Involvement of young people in each stage of the project; planning, delivery and evaluation.
- The opportunity for young people to learn new skills and develop their confidence.
- Provide a platform for young people to get their voices heard.
Applications for projects which help young people develop the skills they need to engage in social action may also be considered.