Ideas Test – Seed Commissions 2020 New Funding Available19-Jun-2020
Ideas Test are offering six small seed commissions specifically for diverse artists and/or community-based groups based in or working in Medway and Swale who want to work with one or more of the following groups:
People who are Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic (BAME)
People who are Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, Queer, Questioning or Non-Binary (LGBTQ+)
People who are Disabled
People who are socially isolated
People from other marginalised groups and communities
These are opportunities to create or research artworks that reflect this challenging moment in time. The work should open conversations and collaborations to imagine a shared future and new ways of being.
They are actively encouraging expressions of interest from new young artists from within these communities and those with a genuine interest in working closely with those people in our communities to co-create.
They are offering up to £400 commissions x 6 to include all expenses.
They will also offer some support and mentoring to the successful individuals/groups.
Why are they doing this?
Equality and Diversity are at the heart of the Ideas Test Vision statement:
“Ideas Test works to create a vibrant arts ecology in Swale and Medway that involves the full diversity of local communities and brings new opportunities to celebrate the area.”
Their Mission is to enable and support communities to live more creative lives,
To do this Ideas Test works to:
- encourage productive partnerships and sustainable networks that support community cohesion and ongoing creative development
- enhance the quality of people’s lives using collaboration to support and celebrate the rich diversity and history of the area
- remove barriers to participation in a creative life, regardless of age, class, race, sexual orientation, neurodiversity or disability of any kind
- develop the creative workforce and the potential of individuals as artists, participants and organisations
Our intention is to promote positive diversity and equality practices in our workplace and across our programme so that we remove barriers to people taking part in our activities. We also work strategically to reach those most marginalized locally so they can benefit from what we do.
How To Apply
Please send your Expression of Interest including:
- Contact details
- Your idea(no more than 350 words)
- The medium you want to work in
(which can be any medium e.g. photography, film, poetry)
- Where in Swale/Medway you propose to work and who with
- How you propose to use the funds, including a timeline(no more than 6 months from awarding of funds)
- How this will support your work /practice/community to make positive change
Feel free to include any relevant web links or other information.
Email your expression of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The deadline is 5 pm, Monday 6th July.
If you have access needs or want to schedule a brief call about your idea please contact Tracy by email email@example.com or call 07713 865955.
For more information follow the link to their website: https://ideastest.org.uk/ideas-test-seed-commissions-2020/