Gangs Awareness Raising Session from the Medway Safeguarding Children Board22-May-2017
Medway Safeguarding Children Board (MSCB) advise there are still places available for the Gangs Awareness Raising Session on Wednesday 24th May 2017, 10.00am till 11.30am at Gun Wharf.
- The importance of an integrated approach to tackling gangs
- A better understanding of the multiple layers of risk and vulnerability that leave communities and young people open to gang targeting
- The importance of integrated services data in jointly tackling gang activity and mitigating safeguarding risks
- Improving awareness of the main gang tactics
- Improving awareness of safeguarding risks
- Better consideration of staffs personal safety
- Increasing understanding of why young people join gangs
- Better understanding of the impact on parents of their gang affected children
- Presentation of individual case studies highlighting the sophistication and persistence of gang grooming
- The importance of even earlier ' early interventions'
- Improving joint support and safeguarding of gang affected young people