Shaping the Future - Care Quality Commission 2nd Consultation Wants Your Views01-Aug-2017
As the deadline for consultation draws near for the next phase of health care regulation, you can still give your views and opinions to the Care Quality Commission (CQC).
In May of 2016, the CQC published Shaping the Future; a plan to provide a more targeted, responsive and collaborative approach to regulation, so that more people get high-quality care.
Through series of consultations they are looking to keep the elements that they know people value, and to improve upon what people tell them they can do better.
The CQC continues to work with people who use services, the people who would provide those services, and professionals and our other local and national partners to co-produce what the commission does.
This season, they are asking for your help by providing your views and opinions about how the CQC regulate health and social care services.
The CQC advise there Is an online consultation form where you can provide your views on their proposals to:
- Regulate primary medical services and adult social care services
- Improve the structure of registration, and clarify our definition of registered providers
- Monitor, inspect and rate new models of care and large or complex providers
- Use our unique knowledge to encourage improvements in the quality of care in local areas
- Carry out our role in relation to the fit and proper persons requirement.
The CQC advise that this consultation will close on Tuesday 8 August 2017.