The Future of Health and Care - Summer Events from Medway Clinical Commissioning Group18-Jul-2017
Medway Clinical Commissioning Group are hosting a series of FREE events to gather local views on changes to urgent care and on the Medway Model.
Medway Clinical Commissioning Group (Medway CCG) carry out a range of different engagement activities to offer patients and members of the public the opportunity to share their experiences, offer feedback and have input into how services are improved and commissioned.
The information they gather from these activities is important to informing their decision-making process as a Commissioning Group.
Medway CCG are organising a series of FREE events for Summer 2017 to help shape the future of local health and care in Medway, and you are invited to attend.
The Future of Urgent Care in Medway
The Group will be holding two public engagement events that will focus on the provision of urgent care in Medway.
At these meetings The Commissioning Group will:
- Discuss proposals to create a new urgent care centre at Medway Maritime Hospital
- Look at how you and your family will receive urgent care in the future - when you need immediate medical help or advice for something which is not a life-threatening situation
- Hear about improvements to NHS 111 and plans to extend access to GP services 7 days a week
The Medway Model
Medway CCG are also hosting an event to discuss the Medway Model: A new partnership approach to delivering care and supporting wellbeing in Medway which helps people stay healthy longer, and makes sure care is better joined up and takes place closer to home.
This event will include expertise from primary care, social care, the local authority and mental health to talk about how they can work better in partnership.
Guests will have the opportunity to:
- Understand how GP practices are planning to work together across local areas and what difference it will make to patients
- Hear about how services are joining up on your area to get better at providing the care you need locally
- Hear about innovations in technology to improve local care
- Tell us what you want from local care in the future
There will also be information about the wider plans for transforming health and social care services across Kent and Medway as part of the Kent and Medway Sustainability and Transformation Partnership (STP).
Medway CCG advises this event again is FREE, but again ask that you register your attendance using their Eventbrite Portal for the event at Holiday Inn.